The following Académie Apilus courses for electrologists are offered at our Austin, Texas location. The courses are approved by the American Electrology Association and provide Credit Educational Units (CEUs) for the Certified Professional Electrologist (CPE) renewal. The courses are taught by a CPE and an Académie Apilus National Trainer. These courses are only available to Electrologists.
• Consultation (7 hours)
• Skin and Pilo Sebaceous Unit ( 7 hours)
• Professional Code of Ethics (7 hours)
• The History of Electroepilation (7 Hours)
• Electrolysis (7 hours)
• Thermolysis (7 hours)
• Blend (7 hours)
• Performing Electrolysis (14 hours)
• The Workstation (7 hours)
• Advanced Professional Code of Ethics & Hygiene & Safety (14 hours)
• Advanced Consultation and Professional Code of Ethics (14 hours)
• Advanced Thermolysis Training (14 hours)
• Advanced Electrolysis and Blend Training (14 hours)
• Position & Insertion Technique (14 hours)
• Performing Electrolysis in the Face & Neck Areas (14 hours)
• Performing Electrolysis in the Upper Body Areas (14 hours)
• Performing Electrolysis in the Lower Body Areas (14 hours)
• Performing Electrolysis on the Eyebrow Area (7 hours)
• Personalized Advance Training
• Seminar on Computer Assisted Electrolysis and A Professional Guide to Successful Treatment (for Electrologists’ Associations only, please call us for more details).
The Personalized Advanced Training class is adapted to the electrologists’ specific needs. We also offer group rates for a class of six or more at your location.
These courses will provide the electrologist enough instruction to attain the highest standards of quality, appropriate psychological attitude and channels of communication, professionalism, and a strong foundation in the practice of the Professional Code of Ethics.
In Consultation, we teach the electrologist to understand the importance of and how to conduct an excellent consultation at the start of the first visit with a client. Strong consultation skills provide both the electrologist and the client with a clear set of expectations and goals for the treatment. In this course we also point out the importance of and how to capture the patient’s clinical history, both formally at the first visit and then informally on an ongoing basis at each visit to ensure that the electrologist is informed of any changes (as in medications or health status).
In The Workstation, we learn how to organize the workstation so that it is functional, professional, appropriate and has all the elements and instruments needed. We also learn the norms of hygiene and safety that our profession demands before, during and after the treatment.
In Skin and Pilo Sebaceous Unit we study the hair, the pilo-sebaceous unit, the sebaceous and sudoriparous glands, and some cutaneous abnormalities for the detection of some illnesses.
The 7 hour courses are covered in one day, and the 14 hour courses are covered in two days. The fee is $500.00 per 7 hour day.
The daily schedule is as follows:
8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Class
10:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. Break
10:45 p.m. to 12:15 p.m. Class
12:15 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. Lunch
1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Class
3:00 p.m. at 3:15 p.m. Break
3:15 p.m. at 5:00 p.m. Class
The courses employ slides, power point presentations, written material and hands on training. The student receives materials that complement the presentations. Upon course completion, the student receives an “Advanced Training” certificate and an accreditation of 0.7 CEUs for a 7 hour course and 1.4 CEUs for a 14 hour course.