After an electrolysis treatment, proper hygiene is essential to help your skin heal. This begins in our office, where we perform cataphoresis to soothe the skin and provide anti-bacterial protection. We also apply Gala’s Yi-Zhi Baume cream to promote quick healing.
After you leave the office, it is best to avoid touching or aggravating the treated area for at least 24-48 hours. Depending on your individual skin type, you may see some redness and a small amount of swelling after treatment. Some people may also notice some small crusts over treated hair follicles. This is normal. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call us.
To hasten the healing process, please follow these post-treatment care instructions:
- Wash your hands thoroughly before touching the treated area.
- Use a cotton pad to dab the treated area with Hydrogen Peroxide twice a day for two days.
- Apply Yi-Zhi Baume cream twice a day for two or three days or as needed.
- Apply sunscreen liberally to the treated area, especially if you have sensitive and/or pigmented skin.
- Avoid any friction.
- Avoid contact with oily, perfumed or alcohol-based products.
- Avoid tanning, exercise, hot tubs, etc. for at least 24 hours as these activities can increase swelling.
- Keep the treated area clean with a mild skin cleanser.
- For electrolysis treatment on the face, try not to apply make-up for at least 24 hours. If you must wear make-up, mineral make-up is your best option. First apply an antibiotic ointment.