To maximize the effectiveness of each treatment, please do the following before each appointment.
- Apply moisturizing cream on the area to be treated every day, twice a day, for the 7 days leading up to each appointment. Electrolysis is most effective when the hair follicles are well hydrated, so we cannot stress this point enough!
- Drink plenty of water every day, not just before you come to the office. If it is very cold or hot outside, water with electrolytes is recommended.
- Avoid caffeine on the day of and the day before your appointment. Caffeine can stimulate nerve endings, making you more sensitive to treatment.
- Avoid rushing prior to your appointment which can make you tense and nervous. Arrive at the office early to allow yourself ample time to relax.
- If you are very sensitive, take aspirin, Advil, Aleve, etc., prior to your treatment to decrease your sensitivity.
- If your treatment area includes the eyebrow, please remove your contact lenses before the treatment.
- The following products are contraindicated for use with electrolysis, and their use should be discontinued prior to each appointment by the periods given: Accutane (3 months), Retin A (3 weeks).
- Bathe prior to your appointment as needed to ensure a hygienic treatment area.
During Your Appointment, before electrolysis begins, the skin will be cleansed with an antibacterial lotion.